Saturday, February 9, 2013

DAY 3 OF ROUND 2 PRRT TREATMENT IN BASEL

Day three is exciting.  I will be receiving a scan that will show how well the radiation took to the tumors.  We do not have a comparison scan yet for these tumors, as this is the first of LU177, therefore we cannot judge any changes in the tumors.  In April, my third and last of treatments for this round, will be able to give us an indication.  True results may take many months and I will go for a special GA68 scan,  in September or October, available at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, y'all.

At 11:00 my buddy Pierre comes in to retrieve me for my scan.  As he guides me down the hall to the elevator, I remember this time to keep my distance.  A good six feet and try not to cross in front of people as it is not good for them to walk in the radioactive path I create.  I'm a little bomb.

Down in the scan room I undergo forty five minutes of scans.  No contrast dye is needed as the radiation lights up the image.  Quite nice, not to have to have an IV injection, this is a piece of cake.
The scan is complete and Pierre takes me back to my room, where my lunch of pasta and potatoes in a cheese sauce, salad with fruit and walnut poppy seed cake await.  Actually not bad, as far as hospital food goes, this picky girl is happy.

At two o'clock my hunky hubby arrives with a nice croissant, and he takes his seat behind the iron wall.  If I am on the bed and he is in the chair, we can't see each other.  Those of you who know my husband well, will laugh at this, because, well, it is so Adrian.  Not to be left out he gets up and adjusts the mirror on the medicine cabinet at just such an angle.  We can now see each others' eyes.  But wait he has rubbed off on me over the years.  I hit the button on the bed and it rises four inches until we can see each other.  Oh, love.

At six o'clock, Professor Wild and Dr. Kaul arrive with news of the scan.  The uptake of radiation was very good again.  It also showed there were more than one tiny tumor in my left breast and two seen on the right, which we hadn't know about yet.  There is also a tumor on the right thigh.  The good news is they are small and the radiation was drawn to them.  The radiation will keep them small and they are really only a problem if they grow large.  It was good that I came for this treatment now.  If the disease is left untreated and tumors grow large the success of treating them is less.  The mindset in the United States is to wait until later in the course of disease to use the PRRT treatment.  I hope as this treatment, is now in studies around the United States, that this myth will be corrected as the research guides them to a fuller understanding.

Well, good night.  Tomorrow I will return to the apartment to finish decontamination, before I board the plane home on Valentines Day.

2 comments:

  1. Another good one Mom, don't forget to take pictures of all these funny things you talk about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer all types,, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Weak Erection,Love Spell,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete