Sunday, November 18, 2012

BASEL, SWITZERLAND

Here I am in Basel, Switzerland after a very successful fundraiser.  This is a beautiful city and the weather is mild, low 50's and sunny.  We are staying in a rented apartment, which is more comfortable and cheaper than a hotel.  The Landlord lives upstairs, and his mother lives across the hall.  The church bell tower rings every hour, but that's ok.  We took a drive through the Alps, which are not yet covered with snow, and are surprisingly still very green.  The farms are littered all over the hills, and it is so peaceful to just ride through the towns.
I look for positive signs everywhere, that all will go well with the treatment.  In the cabinets, I find  mugs, and two are black and white with a zebra on the front. That's a plus.  In town, there is a store called Zebra, in black letters with a pink background.  That's a sign.  I am feeling good as I write this.
So good night for now, I will fill you all in on tomorrow's events.

No comments:

Post a Comment