Tuesday, November 20, 2012

DAY 2 OF PRRT TREATMENT IN BASEL

Hello everyone, this day continues to be comfortable and symptom free.  I feel better than ever.  The Doctor says they have good reviews using the steroid pills, that they have placed me on, helping with symptoms.  I will be on them for the three days of treatment and decontamination.
I am amazed, happy, relieved, and full of promise for the future.  My husband's nerves have calmed down, and to see him relax, also makes me feel happy.  I have had fun with the English / French translator in the computer, in order to communicate with my roommate, Lillian.

Dr. Mass, who gave me the injection, of Y90 and Professor Wild, head of the Nuclear Department, came to see me, to go over results about 6 pm.  My uptake of the radiation was very good, and my body has efficiently removed about 80 percent already.  Dr. Wild determined the many small tumors, throughout my body, would respond well.  When I return in ten weeks, I will receive the LU177, which will be more effective on the larger tumors.  He says nothing in life is perfectly predictable, everyone is different, but he expects me to do well. Love it !

It's 9:00PM  here and I am getting tired and I know my roommate wants to sleep, so on those good notes, I will sleep well.  Maybe dreaming of a slow and steady roller coaster.

Gute Nacht.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment