Saturday, November 24, 2012

DAY 4, 5, 6 OF PRRT TREATMENT

Well, I had to post these days together, as they just merged into one blah, nauseating blur for me.  Just when I was on top of the world and feeling great, the rug was pulled right out from under me.  So this is what my Doctor meant, by the steroids would alleviate the pain and nausea.  They worked.  So well, that I didn't realize I would be needing more for next few days.  I just thought, I was wonder woman.  Some lessons are hard learned. I will be prepared for the next round in February.

I didn't wake up until 11:00am on Thanksgiving.  So much for an early Chicken dinner and ride through the German countryside.  My husband had cooked dinner and I ate,  but I was tired and went to take a nap that I didn't wake up from until 8:00, or so.  I started feeling slightly nauseous, and was glad I had eaten earlier to keep my strength up.  I tried to force down fluids and stay in bed.  I was feeling nauseous, tired and fidgety, and whiny, I am a BABY when it comes to nausea.

Yucky Thursday turned into icky Friday, whine, whine.  My biggest concern was that I would still feel this way when I had to board the plane at 7am Monday.  We would have to be up by 4am and out the door, I couldn't imagine being able to do that.

Early Friday evening, the nausea started easing up, and I took advantage of it by getting some sleep.

As my eyes opened up to an early Saturday morning in Basel, Switzerland, I became aware that the nausea was gone but I felt like I had been hit by a bus.  No problem, I rolled over and got a couple hours more of sleep.  

Mid morning I was able to check out facebook, and eat some cornflakes.  Saturday was looking good for me.  I have a very heavy, headed feeling, and I am tired, but no nausea, thank goodness.

Later in the day, we took the fifteen minute drive over the border to France, and picked up the best pizza I have ever eaten.   One more day of rest and then we come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment